One of my great clients was nice enough to send this to me. I though those of you who are looking to eat clean and love red meat as much as I do, would greatly appreciate this post. Quality, lean cut red meat like this is well worth the cost. My next purchase is a deep freezer and the poundage of red meat to fill it. Enjoy and let me know how good it taste!
Mandla,
Here is the beef info...
Sanford Farm is a family farm raising grassfed beefalo beef. The beef is available primarily in July and throughout the fall and early winter, after our two grass seasons. Beefalo is a cross between bovine and bison, and is naturally low in fat and cholesterol. Ours are grazed on a closed farm, in a rotation system, going on new grass every 1 or 2 days. They only eat grass (from fields that have never seen chemical fertilizers), with no sub therapeutic antibiotics, growth hormones, chemical pesticides, wormers, or fertilizers (our only fertilizer is aged poultry manure). Their winter feed is hay produced locally on this farm and one or two others.They are processed in a small USDA inspected facility in Johnston, RI, and then hung (aged) for 3 weeks. The cow is then divided into 4 equal quarters, freezer wrapped and labeled. The quarters average 80–90 pounds. And it is absolutely worth doing. I found this guy through www.eatwild.com Sanford Farm, Ted Sanford, 60 Liberty Church Road, Exeter RI 02822. (401) 294-3145. E-mail: tedsanford@verizon.net

2 comments:
Cool to see your blog up and running and I am excited to hear more from you!
Nice to see you in AZ this past July at the Z-Health Nutrition course.
How are the basketball skills coming along?
Rock on
Mike T Nelson PhD(c)
Extreme Human Performance
Hi Mike,
Thanks for all of the encouragement, It was great seeing you too brother. I am going to be posting video and write-ups of workouts to share the tracking of my own development. As well as, before the cold sets in, video recording the Basketball Shooting protocol Katie gave me. The accuracy is really getting ridiculous. Pretty amazing stuff this Z-thing! I will keep in touch! Al the best!
Post a Comment